Ujoelen Grammar School Old Boys Association Begins Fencing of Old School, Solicits Support From Members
Ekpoma 13th April 2021
The prestigious Ujoelen Secondary Grammar Ekpoma, a foremost secondary school in Esanland is receiving an infrastructural facelift courtesy of the Old Students Association, who has commenced the construction of a perimeter fence round the school to prevent Intruders from gaining uncontrolled access to the facility and also to prevent encroachment.
This was disclosed to Radio Esan by Mr. Mike Eraga, the president of the Ujoelen Grammar School Ekpoma Old Boys Association (UGSEOBA) following the commencement of work.
Mr Eraga said “the decision to assist the academic and infrastructural development of the old school came up in our Annual General Meeting (AGM) on April 3rd, 2021 where we took a decision to build a perimeter fence for the school to prevent incursion and external encroachment. Same day April 3rd, 2021, a ground breaking/foundation ceremony was performed and Chemistry textbooks were donated to the school”, he disclosed.
Mr Eraga added “right now, workers are on site for the fencing project. So much to still be done in the school to be repositioned to regain it’s lost glories. We are soliciting all other Old Boys to join hands and support this work to return the school to the good old days”, he appealed.
The Association members and some Executives are listed below:
1. ESV. Mike Eraga: President
2. Dr. Eseigbe Daniel Aiguekiagbon: First Vice President
3. Hon. Ehimhen Ighodalo Stevenson: Second Vice President
4. Barr. Ambrose Eromosele Okhiria: Secretary General
5. Barr. Benson Irabor: Legal Adviser
6. Sir. Isaiah Aletor Solomon: Treasurer
7. Mr. Kingsley Aluegbebhotor Odiagbe: Financial Secretary
8. Mr. Izokpu Francis Anetor: Welfare Secretary
9. Comrade Akhuetie Eje-Ehi Mark: Assistant Secretary General
Ujoelen Grammar School Ekpoma Old Boys Association is a registered Organisation. Membership is opened to who attended Anglican Grammar School Ekpoma or Ujoelen Grammar School Ekpoma whether boys only or boys & girls.