RE: RENOVATION OF UROMI GENERAL HOSPITAL
TSO’s attention has been drawn to a Facebook post which seeks to sell a false narrative to the effect that Rt Hon. Sergius Ogun is trying to claim credit for the renovation of Uromi General Hospital. This is entirely false as it is not in the nature of Rt Hon. Ogun to shop for false glory.
The renovation of Uromi general hospital was initiated and funded by Uromi sons and daughters and other donors.
At no time did Rt Hon. Sergius Ogun make any attempt to take credit for the renovation of the aforementioned hospital. Rt Hon. Ogun is a well known philanthropist with numerous philanthropic projects and programmes to his credit. In the last 14 years he has expended a large chunk of his personal resources on helping the poor and needy in the society. Some of his legendary humanitarian programs includes but not limited to:
* Annual free distribution of notebooks to pupils/students in Agbazilo
* Annual free NECO/SSCE enrollment scheme
* Annual Undergraduate scholarship scheme
*Annual Economic empowerment schemes
* Annual free medical outreach
*Annual distribution of rice to widows
* Presentation of cash prizes to the best graduating Esan ND and HND students of Auchi Polytechnic at the end of every academic session
*Provide of relief materials and legal aid services for Prison inmates
* Charity visit to orphanages and correctional facilities
* Sponsorship of school inter-house sports
*Financial assistance to the poor and needy
The list is endless..
Team Sergius Ogun